Thursday 9 February 2012

Rocky Mountains

Rocky Mountains

Woke up in Cheyenne, I couldn’t say what brought me here,
Something’s been playing on my mind, that wouldn’t disappear.
Got an invitation from Alyssa, it seemed the right thing to do,
She introduced me to some people, stood around the room.


She told me about buried treasure, but she knew where to find,
I’d looked into this before, although it never played on my mind.
Alyssa had studied the records, since back in high school,
Gave me the opportunity to participate, feeling it was my call.


We set off shortly afterwards, bound for the Rocky Mountains,
She told me we had nothing to lose, and everything to gain.
   Told me x marked the spot, she had placed a flag on the ground,
We dug for a time, eventually amazed at what we found.


Rocky Mountains, had kept a watching brief over this state,
Buried treasure was no myth, amazed at the find we made.
Rocky Mountains, had kept these secrets since the start,
Many people had tried, but failed having never got this far.
Rocky Mountains, eventually had to give up this treasure to us,
Precious hoard of gems! Stopped us all from going bankrupt.   

No comments:

Post a Comment